2) Memory in 60's-70's: Do visit the Sungai Lembing town and Museum and see the glory days as Pahang’s richest manufacturer of tin, before the drop in the price of that commodity in 1984. Can leave from Kuantan 4am morning to Sungai Lembing (the journey take 1 hours) and start climbing up to the Sungai Lembing Mountain for 45 mins. Then we could see the "Cloud Sea" below our food! Besides, you can taste the local breakfast.
3) Charah Cave (Gua Charas is a limestone cave which is well-known for its 'Sleeping Buddha', an impressive stone sculpture of the reclining Buddha. According to the locals, the 'Sleeping Buddha' looks the best, when the sun shines in at 11 o'clock in the morning. http://www.pahangtourism.com.my/tropical/attractions/gcharah.html
GPS: 3.90831N 103.146837E
4) Fascinating River Cruise (boat trip) and Mangroves- http://www.pahang-delights.com/rivercruise-mangroves.html
GPS: 3.79934N 103.322811E
6) Sungai Pandan Waterfall (Pancing Waterfall)- Sungai Pandan Waterfall is 30 minutes from Kuantan. The falls is popular among local and during weekend for family picnics. The fall ends in a large pool. The water is very cool and refreshing.
GPS: 3.791590N 103.14475E
7) Pahang Buddhist Temple-One of the biggest temple in East Coast of Malaysia. Beautiful Buddha, grand building and lake with hill view. Open daily.
GPS 3.8232128N 103.3094645E
8) Lao Zi Temple (Golden Dragon Temple)
Every year, close to 100,000 visitors drop in here to pay homage to the founder of Taoism.The main attraction of the temple is a sculpture of the Golden Dragon, reputed to be the longest in the world. Visitors are taken on a guided tour inside the dragon, going in through its tail and coming out from its mouth. Nestled within a 6ha plot of private land off Jalan Sungei Lembing near here is the famed Lao Zi temple. It takes about 15 minutes to walk the 823m path. Written on the walls are a 5,000- word scripture, known as the “Book of Tao and its Virtues.” For more information on the temple or to arrange for a guided tour, contact Fook Weng at 019-948 2020 or 016-936 2629
GPS: 3.856708N 103.248420E (NEAR BY THIS POINT!!!)
9) Telok Chempedak to Bukit Pelindung Jungle Track (by leg)
This is essentially tropical forest within 5 mins drive from the town. The track distance is 1.88KM and approximately 60 minutes walking. The air is so fresh. It will rise up to 220m from sea level.
Try to do it before 3pm.
GPS: 3.817625N 103.374996E
10) Bukit Gambang Water Park offers non-stop fun and excitement in an area spanning across 45.8 acres! Among the unique and fascinating attractions available include a man-made 17.1-acre lake with breathtaking views and also suitable for a wide variety of fun water sports. Check out the 24,000 sq ft wave pool that will surely offer a whale of a time!
Tel: 09- 548 8000 (10:30am till 6:30pm except closed on Tuesday)
GPS: 3.703630N 103.052445E
Places can visit during the trip to Cherating/Kemaman (One day trip)
A) Kedai Kopi Hai Peng-One of the best/oldest kopitiam in Malaysia.
3753, Jalan Sulaimani
Chukai, 24000, Kemaman, Terengganu.
B) Club Med Cherating - World Class Resort
With the South China Sea on one side and a tropical jungle on the other, Kuantan's Club Med Cherating Beach is situated along a dazzling coastline. Feels like you've arrived in a tropical paradise. With really friendly staff, great facilities and superb food. The GOs really put their heart and soul into allowing you to enjoy themselves without being too intrusive. Drinks all day long. In the evening along the beach, with cocktails in hand, watch the incredible sunset. What more to say. You have to go THERE !! Highly recommended for family with children as Club Med has an amazing program for their entertainment! Your children will be fully entertained with new friends and will have the opportunity tojoin in organised activities such as the trapeze course whenever they want. The kids will specially enjoy the new mini club. For some going out sailing may be the highlight; don't be fooled by the apparent lack of breeze at the beach, once you get out to the sea, wow, hold on tight!
(The lunch break is from 1pm to 2pm. The centre is closed on Mondays.)
(The centre is closed from 12pm to 3pm for Friday prayer)